The mission of the Bachelor of Science program in Marketing program is to produce graduates who will play leading roles in managing the marketing functions of organizations they work for or function effectively in marketing-related positions in a variety of contexts, both local and international. The program focuses on the principles, concepts, and procedures needed for measuring and analyzing marketing information for effective decision-making, and for implementing and controlling marketing plans for efficient market share growth and ultimate profitability.
Program Educational Objectives
The undergraduate program of Bachelor of Science (BS) in Marketing is designed to graduate students who are expected to attain (within a few years) of graduation the following PEOs:
- Ability to communicate business ideas effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to apply interpersonal and collaborative abilities effectively as a member or a leader of a team in performing group task in business and professional organizations.
- Analytical/ quantitative abilities to make sound business decisions.
- Ability to develop integrative and applied learning skills.
- Ability to recognize ethical and multicultural issues and assess their impact on organizations.
- Ability to apply concepts and theories from business functional areas appropriately.
- Awareness and understanding of marketing concepts, principles and theories.
- Ability to apply marketing area concepts, principles and theories appropriately.
The Marketing (BS) students by the time of graduation will have the ability to:
- Students will be able to explain the role of marketing in an organization and society.
- Students will be able to explain theories and practice of modern marketing.
- Students will be able to identify and illustrate challenges facing marketing in the organization and society.
- Students will be able to identify marketing problems and draw appropriate implementation plans for the strategies.
- Students will be able to design, conduct and evaluate basic-level marketing research studies.
|ENGL 101||Introduction to Academic Discourse||3||0||3|
|MATH 105||Finite Mathematics||3||0||3|
|ACCT 110||Introduction to Financial Accounting||3||0||3|
|ECON 101||Principles Of Microeconomics||3||0||3|
|BUS 200||Business & Entrepreneurship||3||0||3|
|IAS 111||Belief and its Consequences||2||0||2|
|MIS 101||Business Computing||0||3||1|
|MATH 106||Applied Calculus||3||0||3|
|ACCT 210||Introduction to Managerial Accounting||3||0||3|
|ECON 102||Principles of Macroeconomics||3||0||3|
|ICS 104||Introduction to Programming in Python and C||2||3||3|
|MIS 215||Principles of Management Information Systems||3||0||3|
|ENGL 102||Introduction to Report Writing||3||0||3|
|ENGL 214||Academic & Professional Communication||3||0||3|
|FIN 250||Financial Management||3||0||3|
|STAT 211||Statistics for Business I||3||0||3|
|IAS 121||Language Foundation||2||0||2|
|MGT 301||Principles of Management||3||0||3|
|PE 101||Health & Physical Education I||0||2||1|
|MGT311/313||Legal Environment/Int. Legal Environment||3||0||3|
|IAS 212||Ethics and Governance||2||0||2|
|COE 292||Introduction to Artificial Intelligence||3||0||3|
|MGT 355||Business Research Methods||3||0||3|
|MKT 360||Product & Brand Management||3||0||3|
|MKT 370||Integrated Marketing Communications||3||0||3|
|MKT 410||Consumer Behavior||3||0||3|
Every student of Bachelor of Science in Marketing program must complete the following curriculum:
|English||ENGL 101, 102, 214||9|
|Islamic & Arabic Studies||IAS 111, 121, 212, 418||8|
|Global Studies||GS xxx||3|
|Career Essentials||CGS 392||1|
|Physical Education||PE 101||1|
|Total Credit Hours 22|
|Intro. to Programm. in Python & C||ICS 104||3|
|Introduction to Data Science||ISE 291||3|
|Intro. to Artificial Intelligence||COE 292||3|
|Business & Entrepreneurship||BUS 200||3|
|Total Credit Hours 12|
|Math||MATH 105, 106||6|
|Statistics||STAT 211, 212||6|
|Accounting||ACCT 110, 210||6|
|Business Communications||MGT 210||3|
|Economics||ECON 101, 102, 306||9|
|Management||MGT 301, (311 or 313), 449||9|
|Management Information Systems||MIS 101, 215||4|
|Operations Management||OM 210, 311||6|
|Research Methods||MGT 355||3|
|Business Electives||Two XXX 3/4xx||6|
|Total Credit Hours 64|
|Product & Brand Management||MKT 360||3|
|Marketing Research||MKT 345||3|
|Integrated Marketing Communications||MKT 370||3|
|Consumer Behavior||MKT 410||3|
|Strategic Marketing||MKT 450||3|
|Digital Marketing||MKT 485||3|
|MKT Electives||Two MKT 3/4xx||6|
|Total Credit Hours 24|
|Total Credit Hours 6|